Ready to work but still want to keep your SSI/SSDI benefits?
Ticket to work is a voluntary, free program for social security beneficiaries age 18 through 64 who want to work. Participants can enter employment and may continue to receive their Supplementary Security Income benefits and/or Social Security Disability Insurance while they explore work options. There are a number of incentives designed to help participants succeed.
- Participants may be able to keep Medicaid/Medicare while they work.
- Participants will be exempt from Continuing Disability Review (CDR) while actively involved in the program.
- Participants have access to individualized support services.
- Participants can try work with confidence, knowing they may be able to keep some or all benefits during the transition period.
Social Security’s Ticket to Work program supports career development for Social Security disability beneficiaries by providing free access to service providers that can assist in all stages of employment transition. An Employment Network like Beacon Group helps Ticket Holders find and maintain employment in order to work towards financial independence. The Ticket program helps people with disabilities progress toward financial independence.
- We can help you, too! We can help by:
- Developing an Individual Work Plan
- Providing career counseling to help you reach your employment goals
- Assisting with job placement
- Coaching you through the work transition period
- SSI/SSDI benefits coaching
For more information, see our Ticket to Work FAQ, or contact one of our Ticket to Work specialists for more information:
Tucson: (520) 917-1787
Phoenix: (602) 685-9703