Resources and Updates Related to COVID-19
Beacon is open, and we continue to welcome your return with increased capacity to meet our mission. Many have already returned to Beacon’s facilities and are actively working, training, receiving and pursuing employment across all of Beacon’s programs and services. If you aren’t ready, we will continue to support you and save a place for you when you decide to return. But if you are ready to come back to Beacon, we are here, ready and able to create opportunities for people with disabilities.
Because COVID-19 is still with us, we continue to follow protocols and guidance issued by Arizona Department of Health Services and CDC. Anyone visiting Beacon Group facilities, or working for Beacon Group is expected to follow these guidelines:
- Masks covering the nose and mouth are required for staff and clients in Beacon Group facilities at all times.
- Temperatures will be taken for all staff, clients, and visitors at Beacon Group facilities and as required at jobsites.
- Verbal Screenings before work shifts are used to check if staff and clients have symptoms or have had close contact.
- Social Distancing of six feet is to be practiced diligently. Please respect the people you are in contact with by maintaining distancing guidelines. Beacon workers are also required to social distance in Beacon vehicles with a maximum of 2 people per row of seats (no middle seats are being occupied).
- Hand Washing with soap and water should be performed multiple times each day by all. Hand sanitizer stations are available throughout Beacon’s facilities.
- Enhanced Cleaning and disinfecting protocols will continue at all Beacon facilities, especially for workspaces, vehicles, and high touch surfaces.
We continue to monitor the situation and will be updating this page as new information and resources become available. We look forward to the time when these updates will no longer be needed. (Note – past updates are provided at the bottom of the page.)
Disinfecting Process Offered by Beacon Group
- Beacon Group can help protect organizations providing essential functions with Electrostatic Disinfection for enhanced cleaning to help protect against COVID-19, with a one-minute kill rate for Coronavirus. Read about how Beacon Group Custodial is on the front line against COVID-19 and get more detail on the electrostatic virus control solution as well as Beacon Commercial Custodial services. For information on obtaining these sanitization services in Tucson and Phoenix metro areas call 602-300-5016 or email Cleaning@BeaconGroup.org
- Arizona Department of Health Services Coronavirus Home
- Center for Disease Control (CDC) Coronavirus (COVID-19) Page
- COVID-19 Information for People with Disabilities (Plain Language) courtesy Green Mountain Self Advocates
- The Arizona Division of Developmental Disabilities / COVID-19 Resource Page
- Arizona Department of Economic Security (DES) COVID-19 Information
- Regarding Social Security Benefits for People with Disabilities – see the SSA COVID-19 Page
- AHCCCS Covid-19 Information Page
Archive of Past Beacon COVID-19 Updates
- May 28, 2021 – Programs are open and Beacon Group continues to adhere to CDC and Arizona Department of Health Services guidelines.
- September 12, 2020 – Beacon Group programs are open with rigorous testing and contact tracing along with strict adherence to CDC guidelines.
- July 2, 2020 – Beacon has reopened all programs while continuing to follow protocols and guidance issued by Arizona Department of Health Services and CDC.
- April 30, 2020 – Beacon to resume DDD employment services in Tucson as of May 18, 2020.
- April 9, 2020 – Update extending temporary suspension of Tucson DDD employment services through Sunday May 3, 2020. Business services and other employment programs continue.
- March 30, 2020 – Update suspending DDD employment services. Business services and other employment programs continue.
- March 29, 2020 – Update in Response to Tucson Emergency COVID Proclamation
- March 18, 2020 – Update to Businesses and Community on Beacon Services
- March 18, 2020 – Update for Clients, Caregivers, Guardians & Family – Beacon Group continues to offer services following Guidance from DDD
- March 13, 2020 – Note from President/CEO regarding precautions taken and monitoring.
308 W. Glenn St., Tucson, AZ 85705
PO Box 50544, Tucson, AZ 85703
Phone: (520) 622-4874
Fax: (520) 620-6620
2222 N 24th St, Phoenix, AZ 85008
Phone: (602) 685-9703
Fax: (602) 244-2435
We required infection control services for our building and enlisted Beacon. The application of the disinfectant using the Protexus Electrostatic System was efficient and effective...
We’ve worked with Beacon Group for over 10 years. They are dependable, easy to work with, and always provide great results. We’d highly recommend them...
I enjoy the services I receive at Beacon Group because they challenge me to grow and expand my capabilities. I hope to soon be returning...
If I wasn't referred here, I don't think I'd be here today with my GED in hand.
I never would have been able to [complete my GED] without you. I'm so glad I came to the Beacon Group
I enjoy working with Beacon Group. They are very knowledgeable at my needs. I also learned how to do a resume. Jessica gave me help...
When I moved my warehousing and ‘pick, pack, & ship’ to Beacon Fulfillment Services, I finally found what I could not get elsewhere: conscientious service...
I was completely blown away by the size and scope of your paint operation. The lady that helped me was delightful as well.
Beacon does a fantastic job on assembling our bags. They are efficient, quick, flexible and we never have any issues with the final product. We...