Beacon is seeking an experienced Productivity Engineer/Expert.
Beacon Group is a non-profit company that is dedicated to providing employment for individuals with disabilities, every year we serve around 2000 individuals.
One of Beacon’s biggest employment opportunities for people with disabilities is our Contracting Manufacturing/Assembly/Packaging operation. Providing employment for over 200 people, our contracted services are utilized by dozens of companies ranging from small start-ups to Fortune 500 corporations.
We are seeking someone who can improve the efficiency of our processes, creating more opportunities for employment while delivering competitive results and costs to our customer base. This is an opportunity that requires hands-on creativity, energy, resourcefulness and self-directed motivation. You won’t be sitting behind a desk, you’ll be actively engaged in our manufacturing operations learning, evaluating, improving and implementing processes. There will also be opportunities to work with other Beacon business solution segments to improve productivity across the company.
- Organize multiple priorities, tasks and demands simultaneously
- Improve existing production, assembly and manufacturing processes to make them more efficient; increasing output and capacity
- Develop production, assembly and manufacturing processes that enable people with disabilities to perform at their best
- Assist Manufacturing Manager in tracking and improving output, costs and profits from operations
- Engage with staff and clients to understand work requirements while creating buy-in for change
- Ability to effectively use Microsoft Office Suite (especially Excel), and other computer programs as assigned, including Beacon Group systems. Experience with CAD and MRP systems may also be helpful.
- Five years or more of hands-on manufacturing process evaluation, design and improvement
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, operations, productivity or related field of study, or additional five years of real-world experience with proven results (10 total)
- Valid Arizona Driver’s License and clean driving record
In addition to working toward a fulfilling mission, the best-qualified candidate will have a benefits plan (medical, dental and vision), ancillary benefits and retirement plans, generous paid time off program and a business casual environment.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/ Affirmative Action employer – qualified females, minorities, disabled persons and veterans are encouraged to apply.
Competitive compensation (DOE) and benefits package.
BEACON WILL CONSIDER FLEXIBLE PART TIME EMPLOYMENT FOR THIS OPPORTUNITY FOR THE RIGHT PERSON.