Do you prefer a part time schedule, but still want to perform leading edge professional work and make a real difference in the community? Do you enjoy both creative and analytical projects while embracing technology and innovation? Bring your enthusiasm and skills to Beacon Group and help improve the lives of people with disabilities.
Beacon Group is a non-profit that for over 68 years has been committed to providing employment opportunities for people with disabilities. We serve 1,700 people a year in Arizona.
This is an opportunity for a highly organized, detail-oriented team member who is engaged, flexible, and able to manage, prioritize and execute multiple projects in a timely fashion against deadlines reflecting attention to detail and accuracy.
Beacon Group is seeking an organized team player with diverse abilities to impact our fundraising and awareness building strategies as a Marketing and Development Specialist. This is an ideal position for:
- Fundraising specialists or marketing performers seeking flexible hours and an opportunity to hone additional skill sets.
- Anyone looking to gain experience in the marketing and development field with the potential for future career growth.
- Individuals whose job fulfillment is enhanced through their contribution to a mission that improves the lives of others.
- Professionals seeking a flexible work environment with the ability to meet deadlines on a variety of marketing and development tasks.
Responsibilities will include fundraising and donor relations, maintaining the integrity of the constituent database, handling donor acknowledgements and recognition, generating and analyzing fundraising data, assisting in corporate outreach events, contributing to content development and digital media interaction, and other fun stuff!
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite including, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint and Excel, is required, as well as familiarity of CRM or donor management database systems.
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written, are required to interact and build positive relationships with individuals at all levels within the organization, corporate and private donors and diverse community stakeholders.
- Previous experience in fundraising or marketing preferred. Knowledge and experience with print and digital marketing and fundraising best practices desired.
- Must be able to implement critical thinking, analytical skills and project management skills, including the ability to read, comprehend and interpret complex information.
- Willingness and ability to attend off-site events, interact with the public, and occasionally work evening or weekends for special events.
- Positive attitude, proactive mentality, responsive, and strong work ethic.
- Demonstrated ability to work under pressure, meet deadlines, adjust to new challenges that arise daily, solve problems diplomatically, think strategically, and act tactically to meet department goals.
- Good driving record and a valid driver’s license.
This position will be part time averaging 20 hours per week with a flexible schedule to be mutually determined. Partial remote work is acceptable. Competitive compensation and salary are dependent on experience.
Once you start the application, please be sure it is complete. Also check your emails for communication from us of next steps. When completing the application, please have all employment history and references handy.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/ Affirmative Action employer – qualified females, minorities, disabled persons and veterans are encouraged to apply.