Maintenance Trades Helper
Beacon Group provides employment opportunities for people with disabilities. In Arizona, we serve nearly 2,100 people a year. In Utah, we have a close-knit group of about 25 team members. As a non-profit for more than 65 years, our mission is to promote real growth for you, the individual, in an engaging work environment. We want your success: we will provide the training, tools, and support you require, and we will cheer you on as you outgrow us and move on to greater responsibilities.
This position is part of the Ability One program, which supports people with disabilities, and requires candidates to meet its definition of ‘disabled.’ Specifically, “a person who has a severe physical or mental impairment which so limits the person’s functional capabilities that the individual is unable to engage in competitive employment over an extended period of time.”
The Maintenance Trades Helper is our entry-level position at Hill Air Force Base. You will be trained in a group environment, under a supervisor, to perform general maintenance and labor duties, operate equipment, and assist co-workers to complete facility and equipment projects. Full-time and part-time positions are available.
- Assist co-workers in a team environment to complete facility maintenance projects.
- Assemble and install office furniture and equipment.
- Perform unskilled trade work as directed.
- Use industrial cleaning equipment to clean work bays and aisle ways.
- Use chemicals and solvents to clean working area(s), machines, and equipment.
- Perform snow removal using tools and equipment such as shovels, snow blowers, and plows.
- This also includes the application of ice melt to roads and walkways to prevent safety hazards.
- Operate machinery such as forklifts and scissor lifts.
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Ability to pass a background check (no felonies), to access Hill Air Force Base.
- Valid State Driver’s License.
- 1 year experience working in maintenance/handyman/industrial arts.
As this is a federal contract, you will be paid an hourly fringe benefit over-and-above your normal wage. This is an additional $4.22 per hour (up to 40 hours a week) and goes toward your insurance benefits and/or retirement plan.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and we encourage all qualified females, minorities, persons with disabilities, and veterans to apply. If your disability requires accommodation, please discuss it with us as we are happy to work with you.