Since 1952, Beacon Group has been committed to providing employment related opportunities to people with disabilities. We provide training, development and access to real work for a segment of our community. We are seeking a high energy, proactive individual with some previous assembly/production experience. This is a full time position. Because we participate in the Ability One program, preference will be given to individuals with a documented disability
- Must manage all production tasks associated with assembly jobs
- Responsible for setup of production tables and work areas
- Manage staff employees and ensure they are trained and are performing their assigned duties
- Work with rehab supervisors to ensure Beacon clients are performing their work and have the support they need
- Responsible for accurate assembly of contracted jobs Responsible for ensuring daily quota targets are met or exceeded
- Responsible for 100% QC check of completed work and reporting of errors.
- Responsible for material, including keeping production areas stocked and moving inventory to stock by pallet jack, carts, or hand carrying. Perform job with strict attention to safety considerations.
- Reports any defects or problems immediately to supervisor.
- Attend training(s) as required Other duties as assigned.
- Attend training and yearly review on the OSHA Bloodborne Pathogens Standard and Beacon’s Exposure Control Policy.
- Understand and follow the Standard and Exposure Control Program
- Report any potentially dangerous situations to supervisor and Human Resources.
- Take steps necessary to protect clients and staff until the situation is corrected.
- Reinforce safe practices to clients and other staff. Attend Safety training(s) as required In the event of an industrial accident or illness, in conjunction with supervisor, complete an accident investigation and report to Human Resources.
- Ability to lift and carry up to 50 pounds unassisted
- Ability to push and pull up to 300 pounds
- Must be a responsible self-starter able to manage a small crew and ensure people follow rules and perform tasks as assigned
- Strong attention to detail in a fast paced environment Ability to organize with multiple simultaneous assignments Ability to sit for extended periods of time
- Ability to communicate effectively via phone and email
- Ability to follow both oral and written instructions A
- bility to work effectively with staff, clients and the public
- Ability to use judgment Ability to meet deadlines
- Ability to learn and use equipment
- Must have valid Arizona driver’s license and a good driving record upon interview.
- High school diploma or its equivalent preferred.
- Previous assembly/production experience helpful.
- Must be able to pass the background and drug test
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer qualified females, minorities, disabled persons and veterans are encouraged to apply.