Since 1952, Beacon Group has been committed to providing employment related opportunities to people with disabilities. We provide training, development and access to real work for a segment of our community. We are looking to hire a full time Landscape/Grounds Maintenance staff person to be a part of our growing team. You will be responsible for providing on-going landscape maintenance for several of our government and commercial properties and completing work in a safe and efficient manner.
Our organization is an Ability One Program and we encourage people with disabilities to apply. Benefits include health, dental, vision, 401k and long-term disability.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer – qualified females, minorities, disabled persons and veterans are encouraged to apply.
- Ensure all landscaping and ground maintenance assignments meet contractual standards.
- Maintain all safety standards.
- Monitor all job related supplies and equipment. Ensure all equipment is maintained properly and in good working order.
- Work with Supervisor to resolve all landscaping issues.
- Perform all landscaping duties as needed.
- Other duties as assigned
- Attend training and yearly review on the OSHA Boloodborne Pathogens Standard and Beacon’s Exposure Control Policy. Understand and follow the Standard and Exposure Control Program
- Report any potentially dangerous situations to supervisor and Human Resources. Take steps necessary to protect clients and staff until the situation is corrected.
- Reinforce safe practices to Clients and other staff.
- Attend Safety training(s) as required
- In the event of an industrial accident or illness, in conjunction with supervisor, complete an accident investigation and report to Human Resources.
- Ability to balance, bend, stand, walk, kneel, twist, stretch, climb and sit
- Ability to use hand or power tools or related equipment
- Ability to lift, carry, push or pull up to 10 pounds unassisted
- Ability to drive and maintain a clean driving record
- Ability to communicate effectively with people with disabilities, supervisors and the public
- Ability to follow instructions
- Ability to work effectively with people with disabilities and the public
- Ability to use good judgment, problem solve and meet deadlines
- Ability to learn, use and train others on how to use equipment
- High School Diploma or Equivalent.
- One to three years of experience in the landscaping or ground maintenance field required.
- Knowledge of machines and tools used in landscaping/ground maintenance including their designs, uses, repair, and maintenance is preferred.
- Must have a documented disability