Beacon Group is a non-profit that for 65 years has been committed to providing employment opportunities for people with disabilities. In Arizona, we serve nearly 1,600 people a year. We provide real work for a segment of our community where two-thirds do not work.
We seeka reliable and detail-oriented person to be part of our Job Coach Car wash team.
- Supervise and monitor clients at all times. Clients will be kept within job coach’s line of sight.
- Job Coaches should model tasks and appropriate behavior required of the worksite.
- Teach, reinforce and assist with appropriate work attitudes, behaviors and daily living skills.
- Foster a positive image of community placement.
- Adhere to Beacon Group’s philosophy of using patience and sensitivity when dealing with clients, utilizing a positive approach in any situation.
- Learn to Complete Internal Monthly Progress Reports on each individual.
- Report any concerns regarding a client to the appropriate Program Manager.
- In conjunction with the Program Manager, maintain good communication with parents, group home staff, DDD Support Coordinators/Vocational Rehabilitation case managers, etc., regarding any situation that might affect any individual.
- In conjunction with team members, learn to assist with the development of individual service program plans, giving input regarding strengths, needs objectives, long-term goals, job skills and chart client objectives.
- Learn to Implement the individual Support Plan and Behavior Treatment plan as written
- Learn to maintain an updated substitute manual for the department, assuring pertinent employee information is available.
- Learn to complete incident reports in accordance with Beacon Group policy
- Participates in time studies at work sites.
- Learn to accurately to complete MITC daily entries
- Ensure medications are properly stored and administered to clients if needed.
- High school diploma or its equivalent
- Experience working with adults with disabilities a plus.
- Successfully pass the drug test and background check
- CPR/First Aid certification, or able to obtain and maintain a CPR/ First Aid Certification
- Fingerprint clearance card, or able to obtain and maintain a fingerprint clearance card
- Provide proof of good driving. https://servicearizona.com/motorVehicleRecord
- Have a valid Arizona Driver’s License and pass the Beacon driving test
- Article IX and Prevention and Support certificate or able to obtain and maintain certification
- Experience in Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel a plus
- Behavior health and supervisory experience a plus
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/ Affirmative Action employer – qualified females, minorities, disabled persons and veterans are encouraged to apply. Competitive compensation and benefits package.