BACKGROUND: Since 1952, Beacon Group has been creating opportunities for people with disabilities across Southern Arizona, Phoenix and beyond. As a registered 501(c)(3) non-profit, Beacon serves over 1,700 people with disabilities each year. Beacon provides job training and placement, supported and center-based employment, and day treatment programs to assist the more than two-thirds of working-age people with disabilities who do not have a job. As a Beacon employee, you can be a part of delivering our mission and improving the lives of people with disabilities.
POSITION INTRODUCTION: We seek an energetic, dependable and creative individual with excellent communication skills who will become part of a great team of people who work with adults with disabilities.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible to ensure that each participant is given the opportunity to exercise choice/preference in the day’s activities.
- Teach an reinforce appropriate attitudes, behaviors and daily living skills.
- Assist participants with personal needs as appropriate.
- Chart participants’ objectives as specified in individual program plans.
- Complete monthly progress reports, community excursion logs and daily progress notes on each participant.
- A high school diploma or its equivalent.
- Valid AZ driver’s license and proof of good driving record.
- Must be able to pass all drug/background checks.
- Must be able to obtain/maintain a valid fingerprint clearance card.
WORK HOURS AND SCHEDULE: This is a full-time position with hours being Monday- Friday 8am-4pm.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer – qualified females, minorities, disabled persons and veterans are encouraged to apply. If you are unable to complete this application due to a disability, contact this employer to ask for an accommodation or an alternative application process.