The Beacon Customized Employment Job Developer works closely with participants, their natural supports, and employers to establish customized jobs in the community that are compatible with the participant’s abilities and the employer’s needs.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Partner with employers to identify tasks and business needs that can be performed by TAYIDD
- Facilitate training of TAYIDD and include development of natural supports at employment sites, job task analysis, promoting inclusion at the worksite and implementing assistive technology as needed
- Assisting with direct and indirect job-related issues such as: getting to work, purchasing clothing for work, developing social skills, and providing benefits counseling
- Develop a customized employment plan for each TAYIDD through the process of discovery, informational interviewing and customized job search
- Provide timely interventions and feedback to each TAYIDD team
- Maintain accurate and confidential participant records
- Other duties as assigned.
- One year experience working with persons with I/DD or autism in a vocational setting.
- Associates or Bachelor’s degree preferred
- ACRE certification with an emphasis in customized employment or the ability to obtain certification at the onset of the project.
- Certified Employment Support Professional (CESP) or the ability to obtain certification
- Successfully pass drug test and background check
- CPR/First Aid Certification or the ability to obtain and maintain one
- Fingerprint clearance card or the ability to obtain and maintain one
- Article IX and Prevention and Support Training Certificates or the ability to obtain and maintain them
- Valid AZ driver’s license, pass the Beacon Group driving test and provide proof of good driving record
- Excellent verbal communication, written and computer skills
- Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer qualified females, minorities, disabled persons and veterans are encouraged to apply. Since 1952, Beacon Group has been committed to providing employment related opportunities to people with disabilities.