Beacon Group is looking for a highly motivated Accounting Supervisor who thrives in a fast-paced environment and will perform all accounting functions and supervise accounts payable and accounts receivable functions for the organization.
You must be very detail oriented, have strong knowledge of accounting principles, great Excel analysis skills, great organizational skills, solid analytical and problem-solving skills, and excellent verbal and written communication skills are the absolute keys to success in this position. You should enjoy switching gears constantly, be able to juggle many priorities at the same time, and be a leader for your direct reports.
Strong Excel and Outlook skills are a MUST in this position. You must be very comfortable working with, reviewing, analyzing, and linking Excel files, as well as utilizing formulas, pivot tables, vlookup, etc. You must be able to not only understand existing Excel spreadsheets, but also be creative and utilize Excel daily to simplify your work as much as possible. You will also be working in Outlook on a daily basis and must have great organization habits managing your email box, ensuring that everything is attended to and followed up on in a timely manner.
Some of the responsibilities include:
- Perform monthly closing and account reconciliations for balance sheet accounts and perform various other reconciliations for the organization
- Prepare a variety of reports and financial statements and analyze the monthly budget to actual variance reports for the entire organization
- Answer accounting and financial questions by researching, analyzing, and interpreting data
- Prepare documentation for and work with external auditors
- Train and supervise personnel in Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable positions
- Assist CFO with the day-to-date operations of the Accounting Department
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or related field and one to two years of accounting/bookkeeping experience, or Associate’s degree in Business Administration or related field or its equivalent with three to five years of accounting/bookkeeping experience
- Strong knowledge of GAAP accounting principles
- Previous supervisory experience of one-two years is a big plus
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Word, and Outlook